TO ALL OF OUR JOHN KELLY CHOCOLATES CUSTOMERS: COVID-19 UPDATE
March 26, 2020
We thank you all for your support during this challenging time. The situation around COVID-19 and the coronavirus is always evolving, and we are monitoring it daily. As of now, we are open for business to fulfill wholesale, corporate and internet orders. Our two stores are open, but only for carry-out, phone/email orders, Postmates, and, if requested, curbside pick-up.
We have always employed the highest standards for cleanliness and safety within our facilities, and are remaining vigilant now given heightened sensitivities. Here are the steps we are taking:
- Following CDC, FDA and LA County Health guidelines and directives
- Practicing all industry standards for food safety, including frequent hand-washing with soap, whenever and as often as needed
- Using gloves when preparing food products, and changing them often
- Maintaining a 6-foot distance between employees and customers whenever possible
- Discouraging all personal contact within our facilities
- Sanitizing door handles and commonly touched surfaces frequently
- Requiring employees to stay home when they are sick or have symptoms
- Complying with state and county requirements for the posting of policies to be followed during the COVID-19 crisis
PROTOCOL FOR OUR STORES
We are adopting strict guidelines for our stores in order to be as safe as possible.
- We are happy to take orders over the phone at (800) 609-4243, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. These orders can be picked up in our stores, delivered to you curbside, or delivered to you by messenger.
- If you prefer curbside service to receive an order you have previously placed with us, please specify that when ordering and we will be happy to bring it to you when you arrive.
- We are also available on the Postmates app for home delivery.
- We have prepackaged product in our stores ready for carry-out. Please make your selections as quickly as you can, staying 6 feet away from other persons, and we will happily complete your transaction.
- At this time, custom assortments or unpackaged products are available if they are ordered prior to pick-up. If ordered on-site, customers may be asked to wait outside while the product is being prepared.
- Please note that we will ask for there not be more than 2 parties in our stores at any one time.